Wednesday, November 16, 2016
The Patty Brisben Foundation for Women’s Sexual Health is looking for a Developmment and Events Intern for Spring 2017...
For more information on the Patty Brisben Foundation for Women’s Sexual Health, visit pattybrisbenfoundation.org.
Schedule: Varies based on credit requirements, but generally 10-15 hours per week
Compensation: To be discussed with intern candidates.
Are you interested in non-profit fundraising? Do you enjoy event logistics and community outreach? Are you an independent worker with strong problem solving skills, and enthusiasm for promoting an important cause?
The Patty Brisben Foundation for Women’s Sexual Health (PBF), based in Cincinnati, OH, is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to assist with event planning and fundraising/development efforts. This intern will assist in growing the Foundation’s brand through grant support, communications, event management, coordinating sponsorships and donations, and administrative support.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual interested in learning more about the nonprofit industry and event planning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with PBF team to assist with special events and fundraising needs, provide administrative support as needed
• Prospect corporate sponsors and donations, assist with outreach, follow-up and tracking
• Provide support for set-up of silent and live auctions at event and assist with post-auction communication.
• Support communication channels used to sell event tickets, help manage event staff and volunteers, and assist with event logistics such as registration, seating, payment and data entry
• Assist with donor and supporter acknowledgement and follow-up.
• Assist with updates to electronic communication for the Foundation, including website updates, social media and e-newsletter content.
• Staff Patty Brisben Foundation events and represent Foundation at outside events as needed.
• Undergraduate (sophomore - senior) or recent graduate pursuing a degree in organizational/ non-profit management, philanthropy, public relations, business administration, or related field
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, database management, and project research experience.
• Excellent communication, organization and self-management skills. Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
• Professional demeanor and outstanding phone etiquette
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Enthusiasm for the mission of the Patty Brisben Foundation for Women’s Sexual Health and the women we serve
Posted by: PSuttmiller